Saturday 23 June 2007

Five DIY jobs I do not like doing.

As I have already said that I like to do DIY, mostly!!, but there are some jobs I do not relish doing and I have listed them in no particular order.

1. Cleaning up paint brushes and rollers, especially if using gloss paint, which means using turps or white spirit. As paint goes everywhere when you are cleaning up.

2. Laying fibre glass insulation in the loft, even if you wear all the right gear while doing it, invariably you end up itching for weeks afterwards.

3. Hanging doors, as I am not a carpenter, so it is not a job I would ever think of doing.

4. Using a blowtorch when plumbing, to braze the soldered joints, I do not fancy burning the house down.

5. Using an extension ladder to clean the gutter of debris, this is one job I have to do very reluctantly, as a few years ago while working me and a ladder parted company. I managed to break my leg so ever since I have always felt a bit unsure up an extension ladder, especially at the top.

If you feel like adding others feel free to post them.

No comments:

Google Custom Search