Friday 1 June 2007

Electricity outdoors


At my old house(again!) we had a couple of sheds and a pond(mentioned before) that needed some sort of electricity supply to them. They were originally supplied from a three core flex buried in the ground with a plug on the end going into the house, not exactly safe, to say the least
I changed all that by digging to a decent depth and burying a steel wired armoured cable, appropriately glanded off and terminating in an adaptable box attached to the side of the wall of the house.
I also used adaptable boxes at the two sheds and at the fence by the pond. In the shed I fitted a two way distribution board with circuit breakers.
In the house I fed the supply outside from the ring main, protected by a residual current device.
All in all a decent installation.

No comments:

Google Custom Search